Monday, October 22, 2007

Mac OS X, Still Crashing

The last firmware update didn't help. My Mac is still crashing.

And this last crash was pretty annoying. I not only lost about 10 minutes, the usual time it takes to reboot the OS and restart all the applications I am using, but this crash also caused a database corruption which then took me more than an hour to fix.

Here all the crashes I had since July 2007:

  • July 21, 2007
  • August 9, 2007
  • August 20, 2007
  • October 21, 2007
This is about one crash a month. When I am asked what I think about Macs by people who are using Windows and maybe considering to switch, I have to tell them I cannot recommend Macs because of poor stability. And really this is too bad, because other than that, I am quite satisfied with the OS and hardware.